Wednesday, January 25, 2006

4 hour lecture

Hi all,

Well, I had a 4 hour lecture yesterday. It was 3 people speaking about accessibility for the web. I thought it was cool as one of the speakers was blind. He had the cutest guide doggie ever. Anyway, he had some software which helps him know what on the screen, alos known as a screen reader. It reads out everything and when I say everything, I mean everything! The links, the login boxes, the content, the images, everything and the speed sounds like if you have a tape on fast forward but down one level. How he manages to know what is said is beoynd me.

He is a co-founder of AbilityNet and his presentation was fantastic. He showed us videos and needed people to tell him when it was finished and things and he knew exactly what he was talking about. It definatly put me in to perspective.

Anyway, thats all for now. Nothing much has gone on. I've been sleeping at proper times and getting up at 8am and I feel better for it.

Yay for sleeping patterns.
# posted by Paula | 12:07 pm |