Saturday, May 28, 2005

I was sent home...

...sick!

I know, how sad is that. Ok, ok, i'll tell you about it but slowly as i'm still getting over it!

Right, I go in at 10 o'clock ready to start serving people. As i'm setting up my till, I ask one of the checkout runners, Debbie, to get me a chair. She, who has always spoken to me in a huff (don't know why), said "There are no chairs, you should have been in earlier for a chair!" and she walks off.

Me, thinking 'Oh ok, no need to have an attitude about it though', starts serving people. 45 minutes later, I start feeling a bit sweaty, with an odd dizzy feeling. Within minutes, I have apparently gone grey. My vision starts snowing and fading, and my hearing gets worse and worse until all I can just about hear muffles.

The customers start to get worried and go get some help, which then makes the runners terrified including Debbie. In fact, within another few minutes, i'm sitting on a giant leather chair (borrowed from the Photo department) drinking water with everyone asking me if I was ok! Hmmm, 20 minutes later, i'm back on the till saying 'i'm fine, i don't want to go home, i'll be fine, i promise.'

So, Debbie comes back to me at 12:15pm, 1hour and 15 minutes after this episode and said "I want you to go home, if not, i'm talking to Rob (my manager) about whats happened!" Hmmm, i'm scared, not!

I say no but i'll go on my lunch break. During this break, I text Lesley and tell her whats happened, she rings me back and we have this giant convosation about how she doesn't trust her boyfriend and how annoying she is. I then phone home and tell my dad what happened which results in me going home because he threatened to come get me!

I thought I had had enough embarrassing moments for today so said I would go home. Apparently they all relaxed after that (the runners that is) as Debbie said the runner taking her place said she didn't want me there in case it happened again, nice!

So, all in all, I got to come home early and watch tv and go online, well, I got the better deal except for the losing money part!

I feel better, I did straight away but well, never mind. That was my exciting day!
# posted by Paula | 5:48 pm |